Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Couches have perspective.

   This week was not full of earth shattering revelations, money woes, cheerful celebrations, or anything of much significance. 

   We had a good week. The new year started with a ginger ale toast followed by the ball dropping on cue while my little one slept and I chatted on Facebook.

    I did not have to back to school this week and he didn't until Thursday so we had the week to stay up too late, go to Chukie Cheese  in the middle of he week for no reason, and generally play around. It was a lot of fun and a little claustrophobic at the same time. 

     You see, little man has to be next to me and I am not being metaphoric or exaggerating in any way. I mean right next to me and preferably making contact. I am literally typing this with him resting on my leg and pulling on my arm. This has the tendency to make me a little edgy sometimes because there is no such thing as personal space. Which also in turn  inflames my guilt reflex and makes me feel bad for not wanting to be with my son every minute. 

   Also I have been trying to change things physically at the house. Moving furniture, painting, new curtains, things like that. It  is incredibly empowering for me for some reason. Who knew that changing the position of a couch a few feet could completely change my perspective? I don't know if it makes me feel like my life is changing because the house looks different or, if it is a simple as I can put things wherever I want and don't have to negotiate anything. 

It may be a little of both or just my imagination but my perspective is changing for the better. 

Who knew couches and curtains were so powerful?

I wish everyone a happy new year and see you soon!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment