Friday, January 1, 2021

It has been a long time. A lot has happened.

 So like the title says - "It has been a long time."  Since I last posted to this blog I have met a wonderful woman, married, changed jobs three times, and moved halfway across the country. I have also become a step father to a little man. 

All of these things present their own challenges in different ways.  Through all this change and perpetual movement forward in life I have learned so much, made mistakes, and ultimately developed a new philosophy on life and my place in it. 

When I last used this virtual chronicle of my thoughts and feelings I was living in the midst of confusion and mending from a past that proposed to scar my heart and thoughts to the future. I was clamoring to be a dad and learn a whole new life path in a new city. While the option to close up shop on matters of the heart and devote all my energy into the raising of the boy, a simple camping trip completely turned my life into a roller coaster filled with emotions new and old all while slowly developing me into a happy fool willing to take on new adventures. It turns out that dancing in the kitchen can mend a hearts deepest wounds and teach us that the simplest of eases can be welcomed when not previously experienced. 

This development of my new family and finding comfort in discomfort has helped me in so many ways. In education we use the phrase purposeful struggle as a discussion point to make students work towards solving problems. It turns out life itself is a purposeful struggle and to be open to allowing yourself to experience new things, fail, try again, fail again, and develop new strategies to solve the same old problems can really be fun, frustrating, and so rewarding it will make your heart want to burst with love and gratitude for the opportunity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment