Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saturday January 28

It seems to me the only thing more futile than cleaning a house with a toddler living there would be to convince the American public that teachers work hard.
I do clean. Probably worse than some and better than others and I find its ritual soothing somehow. I create a list of activities, get the materials together, turn on some music, and then clean.
I am alone in my thoughts and they wonder here and there with no real responsibility to them. I spray, scrub wipe, repeat. I also get the pride of sitting down after it is done and admiring my work but, somehow that never seems to happen. As soon I as I stop I see that one thing I forgot or didn't get quite clean.

This also seems to happen in daily life for me. I try hard to go through my daddy checklist. Feeding, bathing, playing, more playing, reading, potty training, etc., but at the end of the night I lay there and think of thing I didn't quite get to or didn't want to do. Instead of New Year resolutions I find myself making daily resolutions to do whatever more or a little better everyday. I am afraid I make the list so long everyday that I doom myself to never feeling like I am never doing enough.
I think this is probably pretty natural but who knows? Oh well, I am pretty sure the when the list is done  I will look around and admire the life that past me by while I was living it.

No comments:

Post a Comment