Sunday, October 21, 2012

October 21, 2012

     It has been very interesting in crazy town this week. It was fall break and I am more tired than if I would have been at work! I decided to paint as many rooms in the house as I could in three days. That was two. I didn't realize how incredibly long it take to paint a room correctly and I wanted to do this correctly.
     So after I finished the bathroom, my ex-wife comes to visit. This means she will notice Miles is in the room, ask me a bunch of questions, tell me all of the injustices in her life, gather up a car load of her stuff, and then leave. The state calls this visitation. Anyway, sunshine walks in the house apparently smells paint.  She walks directly into the bathroom then comes out and says, "I hope you have some of that paint left over so I can fix all those spots." She could tell with my response that I didn't appreciate her remarks and tried to back peddle as fast as she could but, too late.
      Also this week we had a band contest which went really well. The thought of  band as competitions makes me my mind wander and in turn me to giggle. The term makes me picture students and directors actually doing things to deter or sabotage the other bands to enhance their chances. I picture kids from other bands running on the field and keeping people from getting to their spots, rigging equipment to fail, trip wires, or all manner of things to enhance your own chances. The movie in my mind is hilarious but, real life is simply not as exhilarating as our fantasies. Weird right?!
    The kids did really as well as they could and I was very proud of them. We came in third.

   My man is still having some trouble at school. He doesn't want to take a nap and calls for his daddy at nap time. Side note: Why do they have to tell me this? I picture my son just distraught and sobbing and begging for me. This makes me feel awesome - Thanks guys! Also he is not focused, won't follow instructions, and is being rough. I know my kid and see is none of these things so like being concerned I started visiting during my planning period and guess what? He was actually doing some of the things. which floored me, but nothing to the level they have you believe. When I say he was doing these things I mean he was going from center to center and playing with his friends, they had to repeat themselves a couple of times, and he ran with the other boys. I saw what they are saying but I refuse to be a part of the current educational model which emasculates little boys as soon as possible or, tries to medicate them. I guess I will have to be that guy.

Well that was my week. No grandiose philosophical rants or life changing moments. Just two guys dealing with my crazy in-laws and ex wife. Trying to keep sane and have a little fun in the process. I hope this week was good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment