Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday October 28, 2012

I woke up this morning at 3:30 a.m. picked up my phone and looked up the definition to the word petulant. Which is:
Childishly sulky or bad-tempered.

This is a characteristic of mine, my son, and most people I know's behavior at one time or another.

This has been a challenge for me this week in dealing with others in my life. I find myself working around adults, especially some. I end up feeling like I am constantly raising other adults in my life.

This makes me feel more alone and crazy!

I am writing this post from a bus seat on my way back from a marching band contest. It went really well and made me realize something about myself.

When I am immersed in the throws of preparing the kids to perform and the actual performance, I am pure. My mind is blank and driven with one singular purpose. Everything is about the present moment.

I wish life were more like that.

There have been songs about it, thousands hours of research and meditations about it but, until there are less things to take care of in life we are all doomed to be a million places at once mentally.

It seems this is just the way it is going to be for all of us.

I will just have to keep holding onto the bits of clarity that I can catch in the wind of a stadium, concert hall, or playing with a four year old.

That will be enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment