Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November 20 , 2012

Hello blog and friends,

     This week has not been bad at all. It started with a whole bunch of crazy but, I refused to let myself be a part of it, so it moved on to the next person.
 
     I got my divorce papers signed!!! Go LIFE!!!

       I have also decided to focus more on the positives of my life and not worry about people who aren't positives in my life. As they say, Misery loves company, and it is proving true more often than not these days. I am just not going to be company for misery or people who are miserable.

      I would say that the most frustrating thing this week has been trying to get my son to sleep at night. It is a battle to say the least and he either acts like a fish removed from water or some sort of battery operated toy that eventually runs out of juice. I can't decide which.

It is really a sight to see.

     He will lay in the bed and wriggle around like he is wrestling a bear, roll over to get up on his knees, lay down again, settle down and lay oh so still so you think you have won. Then he kicks both legs to wake himself up and will start the process all over again. After this ritual he will mess with his pillows or, whatever  he can to stay awake but soon enough he starts to fade again. His movements become slower and slower  then..... BOOM!!!  He has one last burst of activity followed by immediately  going to sleep  and  I mean completely out.
   
     It reminds me of when your television remote's battery is dying and you smack it against your hand, turn the batteries in the bottom, move it around, and all so you can think it works and it must have been a bad connection so now it will work fine forever.

     You will do this and more so you don't have to get up and dig through that drawer in your kitchen where you know the batteries are but finding them is like digging through a mine field with your fingertips. There are nails, screwdrivers, glue, tape dispensers, that piece of string, an extra light bulb to that lamp that only takes those little decorative bulbs, and a battery container with one battery left. The universe knows you need two but, that would be too easy!


   I also spend every moment of life outside of band with my little dude but, can find a away of convincing myself that I am awful and ignore him constantly. Nobody can build a guilt trip for themselves or others like I can!

     Take for instance Sunday, I picked him from his grandparents' house around noon. When we got home we had a snack, wrestled around while we made the bed, made my mom's famous chocolate cheesecake, peeled potatoes, had a sandwich, played trains on the floor, and had a Thanksgiving Dinner for two guys a couple of days early. After that however, I looked my phone to text some folks and check facebook. Then I convinced myself that I was awful for doing these things.

When I see it in print it confirms my craziness to even myself.

Oh well, I better get back to him before he lives life of crime because of my typing this blog while he is eating dinner.

This has been a good week over all and I hope this boring life continues for some time.

Take Care and Happy Thanksgiving.

   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment