Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

     This has been another good week.

      Two in a row?! The universe is absolutely trying to spoil me!

     This week has shown me that I am still completely amazed by certain things in my life. The kindness of strangers, the love of a child, and the craziness that some feel as completely normal makes my jaw drop and my blood boil respectively nearly every day that it happens.

       This week was Thanksgiving. This means that this is another time where I try to be reasonable and make arrangements with others in mind. This usually leads to being completely let down or, to be amazed at the actions and selfishness of others.
     
     I concocted a deal to try and be reasonable to all the parties involved. I decide that my little man would stay with his grand parents on Wednesday night, they would have their dinner that morning and then we would travel the five hours to my parents. This would mean that his mother would be able to spend the holiday with him and I would be able to have the holiday with him and my parents as well.
     
     So, little dude went to the grandparents, had dinner, but when they brought him home for us to leave someone was conspicuously absent. I was then informed that she had left early that morning to go have the holiday with her boyfriend.
     
     Then to make matters all the better she had the nerve to message me and ask how he was and if we had left yet. She obviously cared a great deal about his health and safety when she left him while he didn't feel good on a holiday to have dinner with her boyfriend. I was dumbfounded, angry, and had to struggle to keep  from being ugly to her parents. I realized it would do no good to yell at them. They can't do anything about her actions any more than I can.

      Since we have been here she has messaged and called a couple of times a day just to see what we are doing. Why wouldn't she? I have obviously had trouble taking care of him for the last four years. I sure do need someone to keep track of me and what I am doing. Good Grief!!!

    Other than that, it has been a good week. I went and saw some good movies, eaten more than my share, little man has had big time playing with NANA and Thomas, and it has been completely relaxing couple of days.

It has been awesome. I guess we will head back to the grind for the final push to Christmas. It's going to be great!

See you next week!!
   


No comments:

Post a Comment