Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor day weekend

It has been a good week. We went to my parent's house for a visit and everything went fine. Little man went to his first football game with my folks and I went to my first away game of the year.
My only two frustrations of the week have to do with two situations that are taking advantage of the same strategy against me. People consistently either treat me like I don't know how to figure out that they are lying or, that I don't have the courage to call them on it.
I think the second is more like the truth of the situation. I convince myself that it is not worth fighting over or that it won't solve the problems but, it actually teaches people that they can get away with treating me poorly or having control over my life.
I am determined to not let this happen anymore. It may make me unpopular at work and cause me grief in my dealings with her but, it is time for a new me to draw some lines on acceptable behaviors towards me.
If people don't like it I guess they will have to mutter angrily to themselves because I am done with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment