Monday, December 3, 2012

Done

Here is my diatribe for he week.  I am done. Can you dig it?

  1. I am done fighting. 
  2. I am done being treated like a door mat. 
  3. I am done being insecure about my abilities both as a teacher and a father. 
  4. I am done with being worried about when I put my foot in my mouth. 
     In essence I am done being what people would think when they think of me. I am just going to go on with my life. Come along if you would like and stay behind if you don't I will be good either way.


      I have been used and abused for my passive nature but, not any longer. I will not tolerate bad behavior towards me and especially not towards my boy ever again.

       This transition is going relatively smoothly for me because I am completely tired of foolishness. However, some friends and coworkers are having a rougher time with it because it means they have to gauge what they say and do around me and adjust their behaviors.

I come to a conclusion about human relationships. Let me add the disclaimer that this is not based off of science or  any sort of experiment but, just my opinion.

In any relationship there is someone with the upper hand or more influence. This ebbs and flows according to the situation and the environment but it definitely exists. For example, Mom always has more influence the clothes that are worn while Dad my have way more influence in the function maintenance of the house.
This creates balance and interest in the relationship. There is always a need for the other party to do something that is their sphere of influence in the relationship. When that balance is gone and there is no interest or need in the other party it is really hard for that relationship to continue.

This is starting to happen in some of my relationships as I am changing in my attitudes. It is incredibly interesting for me as I try and notice it from the outside. I just hate to say it but, I just don't have time for some people any more. Their attitudes and actions have made them no longer an asset and instead a liability.

Some things that make you a liability to me:

  1. A person who holds a grudge over something stupid. 
  2. uses me for things but doesn't have time for me
  3. tried to play mind games
  4. mean and angry
 These are just the worst of the worst.

I don't want to be so matter of fact but, I just want to establish some boundaries with everyone so I don't get beat up any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment